CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Through Jadyn's Eyes

I love this picture of Jadyn. It was taken at the 'Princess Temple Castle', aka the Mt Timpanogos Temple...

I picked up Jadyn from school today. She was coloring a picture and was VERY excited to show me. "Look mom, it's a heart and a one-e-corn." See to her a unicorn is a one-e-corn, and honestly I think I might like one-e-corn better.

As I was driving Jadyn to school the other morning, she told me, "Momma, I want your sister to pick me up." Well as I have four sisters, I went through the list - Jennifer - "no", Rebecca - "no", Elizabeth - "no", ok Michelle - "no". Your other sister, man Jadyn those are my only sisters. "No, the one with the long hair." I finally figured out who she meant - Jill. "Yeah, momma. Her, I want her to come with you to pick me up." Sweet Jadyn, Jill came with me during her visit to pick up Jadyn. And she must have liked it...and yeah she is kinda my sister, true? Love you Jill.

Jadyn was taking her bath the other night. She has a lot of bath toys, she happens to have two dolphins. She was on her belly pretending to swim, she loves to do that, and I came back in the room she lifted up her dolphins and said, "Look momma, I am swimming with the dolphins." Where do they get this stuff? They pick up everything...so cute.

I was doing Jadyn's hair the other day before school, and we were talking about how her birthday is coming up and I asked her what she wanted. She said quickly and with a huge grin, "Sprinkles!" Perfect, I can handle that...

...Speaking of sprinkles, we were in the kitchen one day and she saw the muffin tins. She says, "Mommy, I want to make some hupcakes." I was like hupcakes? Sweetie, they are called cupcakes. "No momma, they are hupcakes." Interesting theory Jadyn, why would they be called hupcakes, when they are shapped like a cup? What exactly would a hup be? She got tired of trying to convince me, but she still calls them hupcakes.

For the longest time, she refered to my mom and dad both, as 'Gampa', my dad loved it, I am not sure my mom did though. Although, my mom embraced it towards the end and even put her name on her cell phone as 'Gampa.' Beautiful.

My grandma passed away this past December, and Jadyn often says to me, 'I miss your grandma.' She met grandma only a few times, but it is so interesting to me that she thinks about her and misses her, that she has an awareness of what happened. It shows me we are more connected than we understand. We were able to visit my Grandparents this past September and Grandma and Jadyn had a great time playing with all of Grandma's necklaces. I wish I had taken a picture...

She has a ton more, and I will keep sharing them...Enjoy.

2 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

I wish I knew Jadyn more....and I agree 100% about grandma she was a special lady...she could entertain anyone. Love her! Jadyn sounds like she has a wild imagination and adds a ton of joy to your life. and that picture of her is bee u tiful!

Anonymous said...

I think that's cool to see you are learning from Jaydn. Maybe we should have one so we can learn a thing or two as well...plus give Jaydn someone to play with : )