CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Random

As is it president's day and I am currently enjoying my day off I thought that I would share a little thing I just learned from yahoo.com, yeah I learn stuff from Yahoo sometimes, the are worth way more that 15 billion or whatever obsence amount Microsoft devalued them by offering...

Anyway, according to yahoo.com Abraham Lincoln is the most requested president for quotes. Can't say I am surprised. Number two is Thomas Jefferson, etc...here is the list with links.

Abraham Lincoln Quotes
Thomas Jefferson Quotes
Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
Ronald Reagan Quotes
George Washington Quotes

Anyway I thought I would share a few...quotes that is...

Lincoln -
"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day."

"I am rather inclined to silence, and whether that be wise or not, it is at least more unusual nowadays to find a man who can hold his tongue than to find one who cannot."

Jefferson -
"When angry, count ten before you speak; if very angry, an hundred."

"Delay is preferable to error."

"Bigotry is the disease of ignorance, of morbid minds; enthusiasm of the free and buoyant. Education & free discussion are the antidotes of both."

"I cannot live without books."

"Religion is a subject on which I have ever been most scrupulously reserved. I have considered it as a matter between every man and his Maker in which no other, and far less the public, had a right to intermeddle."

Have a great President's Day!

0 comments: