CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

February - Presidents and Love


What a month. It seems that I have missed January entirely on this blog. I am doing really good at the so far. Right? I had to include a picture from almost four years ago - Jadyn's birthday. 3/9/04. I guess I should have saved it for her birthday, but the way I keep this place updated I didn't want to risk it. She was 5 lb 7oz 19.5 inches long and a little more than four weeks early - and screaming her lungs off. I was so proud. Anyway on to the juicy stuff...

January, let's see, what did we do? For some reason my mind is mush right now. I know we had some scary times - my sister Elizabeth was in the hospital. She is good now. I got new tires for the car. Ummm, listen there has to be something this is ridiculous. My friend Jill got to visit from NYC - we had a nice trip to get pedicures, one of my favorite things, why did I deny myself that rich treat for so many years. Don't worry I am making up for it now.

Let me do like Jadyn "Think, Think, Think" Of course - Benjamin, my one and only brother turned 18. Can you believe it?! This is why you write more than once every 35 days - so things are fresh and you can keep it snappy.

Which brings me to February, we are only 5 days in so let's see what remarkable and monumental things have happened to us. Sadly, Gordon B Hinckley passed away. He lived a long full life and we are blessed to have had his voice of guidance in our lives for so long. We watched part of the Prophet's funeral on Saturday morning. Thank goodness for DVR so I can watch it later. Uninterrupted.
Also on Saturday, we got to experience one of life's special treats. I have been missing out on this one for a long time, I am so happy that I have finally been able to experience it. - Chuck E Cheese on a Saturday afternoon, a four year old birthday party no less. Oh my, you think it is crowded on a dance floor - you should have seen this mamma jamma. Insane. Grease nasty pizza and a giant rat in a restrauant. But some how it works and kids love it, you just can't consider what is going on too closely. But if I can hold out - Jadyn will not ever have a party there. It's magical and all that, but WOW. No words can adequately describe...

Oh yeah and the Superbowl...I have to be honest even though as a Cowboy fan I pretty much detest the Giants - I was glad they won and I was rooting for the the whole way. And I just have to think come on Cowboys, you beat them TWICE - why did you fall apart on me?

Song of the Day - Well I don't have a song today, but an Artist. Lionel Richie. I really love that CD "Truly- the Love Songs." Listened to it all day, well not all day (also snuck in The Carpentars & Harry Connick Jr), today at work. And it was music to my soul...love it. More later and much sooner than later.

Oh and speaking of giant rats - Happy Chinese New Year! The year of the rat.

0 comments: