CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

So I'm saving all my love, yes, saving all my love - For You! Yes, You!


These pictures are clearly from our dress up day last week, ok I am lying - it was Halloween, but she was a Pink Princess and it screams Valentine's Day appropriate to me (thank you grandma for making the dress!). Just think of her wand as a bow and arrow and she is a little pink (fully clothed - cause it can get COLD up here when it's not raining) cupid. We have pink everying, btw. What color dog do you want Jadyn? - pink. What color car should we get Jadyn? - pink, What color of Princess dress do you want? - of course - PINK! (Even this blog is pink - in her honor. Ok, you are right, I like pink too.) She even picks out all the various shades of pink to color with, and she only colors with them. I guess more accurately she only colors with shades of red, as orange and purple are also included...
On to the message:

Every year I go to the store and dutifully buy Christmas Cards to mail out to all my friends, family and associates – and every year when I am packing up all the Christmas paraphernalia, I pack up the un-opened and unsent Christmas Cards (I have about 4 packages right now – I need to stop buying them). Because once again I have failed to do my duty as a friend and family member, and sign my signature to a card with it’s corny and sometimes sensitive ‘Christmas message’ and mail it out. I think that the last time I even mailed a few Christmas Cards out was in 2004 – I purchased the ones that I could put a picture of Jadyn in, so there was some new motivation for me.

Last year I decided that I was just going to email everyone and I was going to create a playlist of some of my favorite songs from 2006 (it is very personal to get blind copied on an email I know, but at least it was something) but I didn’t do that either. So this year my new goal was to start a blog and email everyone the link so if people wanted to they could keep up with Jadyn and me throughout the year – not just at Christmas and I was going to send out the 2006 playlist because I didn’t have time to make a 2007 one, but guess what – I didn’t do that again this year. I created the blog, I am using last year’s playlist and I still didn’t send it out. I must have some sort of mental block about Christmas correspondence.

I thought my new tradition is Valentine’s Day Cards – reminiscent of elementary school when we had specially decorated brown (or white) paper bags – and everyone showed you some love. Maybe I can keep up this new Valentine’s Day tradition and you will get blind copied on an email once a year – reminding you to have a great Valentine’s Day and a Happy New Year (conveniently Valentine’s Day generally coincides nicely with the Chinese New Year.) And I can share an outdated playlist.

So now for my chessy Valentine message:

Near or Far,
Old and New,
My Life is blessed,
Because of you!

Happy Valentine’s Day! And have a great Year of the Rat!

Kathryn

No song of the day – instead a whole playlist. SWEET! Some really old songs, some special Valentine's songs (hint - Chris Brown he he), a little of the dirty dirty - ok I took those songs out - but here they are if you wanna listen - Wood Grain Wheel, Slim Thug & Independent - Webbie, and of course some of my favorite songs from last year - that would be 2006. So behind....

1 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

Hey good to see your blog....love all the pics...love you!