CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sunshine on My Shoulders

Guess what - today is the shortest day of the year...at least the sun will shine. The Pacific Northwest offers limited sun viewing in December, and I miss the Sun so very very much. The sun comes up late, sun goes down early, sun is hidden by the rain clouds. I moved here in Decmeber 6 years ago. They tried to tell me that the rain was just little drops of sunshine. I didn't fall for it then, not falling for it now. But guess what, the sun was out and not behind the rain clouds...two days in a row. Fingers crossed for three. I have been a very good this year, so I am pretty sure it 's going to happen for me...

Song of the Day for today: Dolly Parton doing a live cover of "Shine"(Collective Soul). Let me be honest here for a second - I don't like much country music - but for some reason I really love Dolly. I LOVE her cover of "Stairway to Heaven." I cry ever time I hear it (and no I don't listen to it everyday so maybe that's why it still holds that magic for me.) I think I express such emotion - because I am a softie and because it is freaking awesome!

0 comments: