CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Five Days Till Christmas...

I was walking in the mall today and saw a sign in a store window - 5 days till Christmas. I don't know why that sign shocked me into the reality of Christmas being so close, afterall there were millions of people in the mall that I had been bustling through. But I can say I had an awakening moment when I saw that sign. Maybe it shocked me because this year had gone by so fast. Or maybe it just put things in perspective, a microcosm of my life's experience, time goes by - quickly. I asked myself whether it is five days or five years are you wasting your time? Are you just letting time pass and not leaving your mark on it? For me this year has been tough, I am not a complainer and you won't often hear me talk about diffuculties or tell you when things aren't perfect, but it has been a challenge and I feel like I am just getting by. As my boys would sing it - "I'm running to stand still." And they way I figure, if I am going to do all this running - I need to get moving...I am glad I saw that 5 days till Christmas sign - hopefully it will be a catalyst for change...Yep, that's right, a sign in a store window in the busy Christmas season - the fulcrum of Kathryn's life journey. Wouldn't that be a great story to tell when I am 82 to the great-grandkids around the Christmas tree..."One day, a long time ago, I saw a sign..." I should have taken a picture! :-)
PS - SongOfTheDay "I'm About to Come Alive" - Train

0 comments: