CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 31, 2007

Adventures in Straightening


Last night after Sunday dinner Jennifer and Michelle went on a quest. Their goal - straightening Jadyn's hair. She loves taking baths and leaning her head back so her hair is long, but when she gets out is it curly (and shorter) again. So they bribed her to straighten her hair. I have to say that I can't let her do it again until she is much older, because she looked older to me and I wasn't ready for that.

Jadyn hates hot things by her head, she is very impatient about brushing her hair, and she has very clear ideas about what she wants. And she didn't want them to do it. But after much distraction and much bribery (yes that is ice cream as her reward - her favorite is plain vanilla - I don't get it myself, anyway) the results are in... and yes that is makeup - like I said they pulled out all the stops - and glitter in her hair, but she loved it. So I am sure she will be up for it again, next time though we will have to start with freshly washed and dried hair so maybe it won't be so puffy by her scalp...

Song of the Day - The Sweetest Thing - U2. I love it and it just popped into my head the line "Blue-eyed boy and this brown-eyed girl..." Ben's comment was - she is going to have a lot of boys wanting to date her when she is 16. Heaven help me, she will need a daddy before then to keep those young men in line...maybe I can borrow some of my dad's scary mojo for when that day comes...he was quite frigtening back in the day. ;-)


0 comments: