CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summertime - and We're Living BUSY...

Jadyn, Aaron & Becca (and baby) - Crater Lake

Man, what a long time since I have posted. Well the good news - we've been busy, the bad news - we've been VERY busy. It will take me a long while to update this adequately. May, May is seriously the last time I posted I think...Can I even remember that far back? Four year olds change so much in three months I hardly can believe it. She is officially a little girl no longer a toddler. So onto the skinny...

Memorial Day Weekend:
As has become tradition in our family now, we take a trip together somewhere nice, sometime between my Mom's birthday (May) and my Dad's brithday (June) - these dates nicely coincide with the holidays that celebrate both mom's and dad's so we figure it is density, I mean destiny - so in the past few years, excluding one year I think, we have spent time, in some exotic locale (well within driving distance) together. This year's Destination: Sunriver, OR. (Past trips include and are limited to: Whistler and Yachets which was a Beach house...anyway...) Once again procuring a lovely vacation home we travelled with glee to first shop in Portland and then second vacation in Sunriver. There is lots of golfing in Sunriver, but we didn't do that. Instead we went bike riding, went to visit Crater Lake (which you will see was covered in snow and NOT like the pictures I'd seen, but was nonetheless a lovely (and very long) drive.), some went rafting, we enjoyed an nice winter storm, and visited Sonic. Yes there is a Sonic in Bend - it was wonderful. I would like a route 44 Diet Dr. Pepper - thank you very much. It was funny, it was the grand opening weekend for the Sonic (we don't have these in the Northwest yet - in case you were wondering why Sonic made the list of things we did - and my dad thought we were crazy for going on a special drive just to get a drink - but I am ok with being a little bit crazy. That crushed ice is over the top wonderful - anyway I digress...where was I??? let me end these parenthesis first.) so we definitely had to stop there, but let me just say - it was crowded and had a wait - Sonic, the heartbeat of Bend. Then it was time to go home and we stopped at the Silver Falls State Park which was really cool and did some hiking - at which I sucked at - the straight paths are ok the vertical paths - I need to get my butt in shape. These falls were amazing and worth a trip. Then it was back to Portland for more shopping - have I mentioned our love for tax free shopping - if not you might have discovered our vicious little secret - we love Portland and tax free shopping. Tell the world...but in addition to all the dry goods we bought - I have some great shots of the trip. On the way down, Jenn gave Jadyn the camera to play with I guess. I have about 50 shots of the sky and 10 shots of this red truck, not to mention the countless pictures of Jadyn's feet (she is obsessed with them - or it would seem from the quantity of pictures she took). One morning when she was up at 6:15 and the rest of us (me) were still trying to sleep, Jadyn snuck into my purse, took out the camera and went to the bathroom to take pictures of...you'll never guess...her feet. I was dying. At least the bathroom floor of the vacation house is now immortalized, because I can't delete that picture....sneaky sneaky Jadyn.

Thought I might include a picture of Jadyn's hair in the morning - this is the same morning as the feet shot...love it!

10:30 on my birthday eve - I gotta get to bed, going to a baseball game with 35 kids tomorrow...need my sleep! Much more later?! Or much later...

Oh, and I need to go back to my song of the day or post...really diggin this song...check it out! So Summery, ya'll feel me? (Metro Station - Shake It.) It also reminds me of my favorite new TV show, but I'll save that for another post!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpU78IeTx_c

2 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

does(and baby) mean that Becca is preggers? congrats to her and her hubby! Oh man that is so neat. I loved your pictures...I can't believe how big lil miss thang is getting. I too love shake it:) have a great rest of summer and happy b-day! I left one on your myspace the other day too...so I would have my bases covered.

Becca said...

I'd given up checking your blog because I had come up with nothing for so long, but what a great surprise today when there were so many pictures and so much information!!! What a fun trip. Can't wait to take another. Oh and happy birthday again!