CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall Family and Friend Fun

I do an event every year where the Tumwater Community comes to paint luscious pumpkins. And of course I had to have Jadyn there, but for an added treat my friend Jill was visiting WA from NYC and stopped by the event for a visit. I know she took a picture, but I didn't. Maybe she will share. It was so absolutely fantastic to see her. It had been too long. Sometimes I feel like a terrible friend. The reality is I probably am, but I love when you see people that you haven't seen in awhile and you can just pick up from where you left off...you don't have to try to brag or fill the time with little things, you just hang out and enjoy each other. I knew she was coming, but when she walked up behind me and I saw her...me the big baby started bawling! Well I wasn't really bawling, mostly a dainty tear or two was shed, but it had been too long. I think I will take a trip to the Northeast this spring.

My visits from far-a-way friends didn't stop there, my friend Mirza was in town visiting from Miami and was able to come down and visit me too. We had a great time and great talks. It was so good to see these friends after literally years of not seeing them. Anyone else up for a visit to the Northwest?! I am not sure there is much to recommend this area in the winter, scratch that there is me, I am up here...GET UP HERE!!!! Let me stop pontificating...here is a couple of shots of Jadyn at the most fabulous event...Pumpkin Painting!
We went over to my parents house on Saturday to take my dad a talk that I'd burned for him for his lesson on Sunday. We arrived and Michelle was out front raking leaves. Jadyn decided to stay and help and here is an action shot of the beginning of her hard work. She also managed to earn $2. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa, she had a great time. I wish I could make housework this exciting, not to motivate her, but to motivate me. Mom and Dad, can we start allowance up again? No? OK....
And here is a Sunday Dinner shot! I guess I should add some of the pictures that Jadyn took. One was of the dining room light, one was the blinds...she liked the juxtaposition of the black outside and the tan blinds...or the extreme closeups of Aaron and Adelyn, and of course the side shots of Jadyn's face because she 'just really likes her eyes'...but how about I just post one I took of Aaron, Adelyn and Jadyn...too cute.
It is so great to have family dinner. I love my family extremely, and it is kind of silly, but I like that we live so close (probably about 5 minutes from Mom and Dad, Jenn and Rebecca. - and yes they all live in different edifices.) Elizabeth needs to get back down here from Bellingham, and Ben complete his mission - then it would be perfect...I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. I am thankful everyday. We had some challenges getting along there growing up, but it looks like we made it...I guess all that fighting made us that much closer.

0 comments: