CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kindergarten revisited...

Jadyn is now well into her Kindergarten experience. She has already gotten 4 yellow frogs. These frogs tell me that Jadyn is quite the talker in class. Which truth be told, I am not surprised by at all. I finally unloaded the pictures from my camera and have a couple more from her first week of Kindergarten. This is the first day I took her to school. How hard is Kindergarten, I mean seriously. Two and a half hours? She is off every other Wednesday, and next week doesn't have class from Wednesday on. The school district makes life so easy for working parents. Thank goodness for Rebecca and Michelle. She loves hanging out with them. Rebecca tells me some really great stories, things that you never hear about your child from a day care or even school. I am really enjoying these. I get some good ones too though...for example.

I have the radio on in the mornings during our drive to Rebecca's. Most often it is on Sports Talk Radio...but Jadyn typically does not like the radio on...grrr...but sometimes she will want the music on. Her request is usually something she can groove to or classical those are her two favorites. If classical is playing she is like momma can you turn it up please? Well the big thing on her mind these past few weeks is Halloween, more specifically her costume. So we are travelling, listening to Mozart, volume way up, when she says to me: Momma, this music just gave me the best idea. Oh really Jadyn, what? Momma, instead of a cat for Trick or Treat (what she calls Halloween) I could be a ballerina. Oh Jadyn, I said, that is a great idea, you will be a beautiful ballerina. She is quiet for a few more minutes. Momma, this music made me think of an even better idea, for Trick or Treat I could be a ballerina kitty cat! Isn't that a great idea. Why yes Jadyn, that is simply fantastic. That will be the perfect costume. A few minutes later we arrive at Rebecca's, and she has realized that she has forgotten her movie at home and wants to turn around and get it. Needless to say that answer is no...well she didn't handle that very gracefully and had a hard time making the decision to go inside. I said to her, Jadyn why are you acting like this? You were having such a great morning. You came up with that great idea for your costume...She stopped me right there...Momma, I didn't think of that idea, the music did! Well they say listening to Mozart can make you smarter and according to Jadyn it definitely does, at least when it comes to getting her creative juices flowing! You should see the pictures she draws that the music tells her to draw. they are quite beautiful.

I had to share this picture, because this outfit is all her...I was taking her to the doctor to get her last immunization before school started and she saw this area of foliage and wanted to take some pictures. Where does she come up with these poses? Today was picture day at school and she told me she practiced her smile and when I picked her up she gave me the different looks she had given the photographer. But I should note, that today, even with all the smile practice, was a yellow frog day... :-P

2 comments:

Mom said...

You need to quit worrying about the yellow frogs. Look how well Jenn turned out :-)

RR said...

It's good to see you working the blog thing.

Good to see you at family dinner.