CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 13, 2009

The Gauntlet

Yes...it is past time, way past time that I update this wonderful blog of mine. My parents have a blog now and they have posted more recently than me so I figured it was time to get back to my highly informative and not to be underrated updates. So strap into your seats and enjoy the ride!

So much has happened it would be ridiculous for me to try to attempt to fill in all the gaps. I think my last update was more than a year ago...hang head in shame...so the highlights...well I bought a house. That is a big one. Sept 2008 I signed my life away to usbank...for a reasonable fee over a few decades. Here is she is:Three bedroom, 2.5 bath, garden tub, walk-in closest, gas fireplace and all. I have procrastinated in posting pictures because I wanted to do before and after pictures...but after pictures seem to take a long time...there is always a list...but the outside looks the same, so there ya go.

Since September, myself and the numerous worker bees I call my family, we have painted every room, but the second upstairs bathroom (and the very hard to reach wall in my landing - hence no after pictures, that darn stairwell.) Jadyn's room is, shockingly, pink. (and I don't mean that sarcastically it is actually SHOCKINGLY Pink) Actually, two shades of pink. She loves it. Loves it. We did that before we moved in. Then we put tile in the laundry room (thank you Dad and those fabulous knees and the kitchen floor) painted it...new base boards (in most of the house)...my room is a luscious green *actually called - Bayou Shade* and it is marvelous absolutely marvelous (you better be saying that like the old Pepsi commercials - cause that is how I am writing it...hehe...) And of course, put new flooring in the kitchen/dining area and added a new island cabinet section. Actually the island/cabinets are just floating in the kitchen, you can slide them anywhere and the top they have is my old ikea table top. I am nothing if not resourceful and it provides me another (convenient) place to put stuff in and on. Clearly it is still on the to be completed list. But life is busy and we must work and play and take care of the day to day...so my extras often fall by the way...side. I had a little rhyme going there for a second...go me. I must have a lyrical soul deep down in me somewhere...well I know I have a rambling one...that one is not so deep. Let me refocus.

So here are a couple more pictures...the before pictures...and some kinda after...

Yeah, so this is the kitchen...
This is the kitchen after the new floor.
See my shiny new table back there...so fun!
I threw in this picture of Jadyn chillaxin at the new dining room table...check out those fab pictures behind her...Pictures of Jadyn eating...with various members of the fam...and of course a little African safari thrown in - I love it after all - so appropriate for the eating room!
This lovely shot is the Living Room!OK - this is a different angle of the living room, but you get the idea. Check out those amazing curtains my momma made! She is awesome!
Jadyn's Room! Get ready for it!
Bam! Pink! I made her name pictures and they are above her bed, she takes them down all the time so it is difficult to keep them straight. Well that and I hung them crooked...
So that is a peek at the lovely new abode. It is a different duck, home ownership...when I plugged up the garbage disposal...I couldn't call maintenance...I had to call my dad. He is better than maintenance anyhow, for a lot of reasons but mostly because he taught me a new skill - how to unclog the garbage disposal...and yep, I have already had occasion to practice this said new skill. Align Center

1 comments:

RR said...

lookin so good. I haven't seen the place in so long. I need to come over. Rach