CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Where did April Go?

So now we are officially in May, I guess it is safe to tell you about all the many things we did in April...

In my life as a recreator I am responsible for the Day Camp programs and we have a Spring Break day camp. That was the first full week of April this year, so needless to say I have had a big chunk o' super-busy time. It just gets busier (worse) from here though...but in between all the work and all the rain, and well - all the snow (because it did snow here in April - so bizarre) we did make time to play...of course. The new ride needed to be unleashed on Washington!

We finally made the trek to visit my sister & bro-in-law at their home in Bellevue. We have been there before, but not when there was stuff in it! Rebecca made some deliciously spicy Chipolte Chicken Cashew number - and I discovered the only kind of rice that I am willing to eat - I guess that is a lie I do eat rice occasionally - but not by choice - this rice was actually tasty. It was so good. Aaron was nice enough to set up the camping tent in the living room so Jadyn could play camping or crocodile or whatever game she created from that vivid imagination of hers. And then we went up Cougar Mountain for a look at the ginormous houses and the beautiful sunset and a panoramic view of the Seattle area...it was very very lovely...

The Saturday after my spring break camp - it was absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous outside - it got up to 85 - so we all went on a picnic...windows down - music playing - picnic overlooking the water - it was fabulous. We went out to the sound to eat and bask in the beautiful rays of sunshine...I got some pictures of the event but not many...see how pretty it was...the next Saturday was when we got the snow - so crazy. After our picnic, Jadyn I just cruised around town, just driving. Went to the car wash and just had a fantastically lazy Saturday - I didn't even clean the house - lazy!

Then I went out of town for a conference the next week. I didn't take any pictures, but it is worth noting that there was a Sonic there (I may have indulged in three - yes 3 Route 44 Diet Dr Peppers - it was divine)...and we did stop in Portland on the way to go shoe shopping at DSW - tax free...wheee!!! I missed Jadyn and she missed me, but my family took good care of her. I was ready to come home and get some Jadyn kisses that is fo' sho'...the Saturday following my return we had another picnic at the park because it was once again - GORGEOUS!!!! But kind of chilly. We went to the park and had KFC and Jadyn played on the playground, she loves the slide - and having Jennifer swing her...before we left we got a couple shots of her, she has moved into 'posing' for pictures...and occasionally I get some really hilarious shots. This one isn't one of the funny ones, I need to get one of the pictures that Jenn took where she is hugging a tree - we are nature lovers here in the Northwest, afterall...plus in that picture you can see her cute dress...my girl LOVES dresses...she would wear one everyday, but we compromise and she wears them all weekend...I guess that about sums up April. Well except for the story about accidentally puncturing my foot with a fork, going to urgent care, getting a booster of tetanus, and soaking my foot three times a day (how else would I be able to find the time to write these informative posts...) but I will keep that story to myself...

1 comments:

Tori :) said...

I know you aren't IN Portland, but I will be there Aug 8-11, just FYI. Wish I was going to be closer!!